If you’re in the market for a heavy-duty A3-capable multifunction printer, OKI has a great option in the MC853dn. With a recommended monthly print volume of 8,000 pages (60,000 pages maximum), it offers a good combination of features and performance that will suit busy workgroups of up to 25 people.
Manufacturer’s Code: 45850406
Weighing in at about 64kg, this is a large and hefty machine, but there’s good reason for that. It prints up to A3 size and takes the place of any standalone copier, scanner or fax machine that might otherwise be cramping your office space. For added convenience, it includes automatic two-sided printing, scanning, copying and faxing. Print speed is a reasonable 23 pages per minute in A4 and 13 pages per minute in A3, with a first page out rate of 14 seconds.
The OKI MC853dn can scan up to A3 size with a resolution of up to 600 x 600 dpi; double-sided scans are also supported. Copy speed matches that for print at 23 A4 pages per minute (colour or mono), with a resolution up to 600 x 600 dpi. And the Super G3 fax produces speeds of up to 33.6 Kbps.
Connect the printer via USB or to an Ethernet network. You can access the printer wirelessly by connecting the printer to a router or other wireless access point, or directly with the purchase of the optional wireless LAN interface (45830202). The printer ships with a 300-sheet paper tray and a 100-sheet multipurpose tray, but you can add up to three additional paper trays for a total capacity of 2,005 sheets. It handles a variety of paper sizes from A6 to A3 to banners up to 1.32m, while the multipurpose tray accepts cardstock up to 256gsm in weight.
The MC853dn has a large 17.5cm LCD colour backlit touchscreen and comes with advanced security features that are designed to keep sensitive documents safe. It has password-protected printing and its built-in hard drive is encrypted, providing an extra layer of protection. But its biggest advantage is its low total cost of ownership — you pay more upfront but, thanks to its long-lasting components and low cost per page, you save over the lifetime of your printer.
When you need to top up with new toner, this printer requires OKI 45862843 (Cyan), 45862842 (Magenta), 45862841 (Yellow), and 45862844 (Black) toner cartridges. While these replacement toner cartridges aren’t cheap, their high yield (up to 7,300 pages for colour; 7,000 pages for Black) means that toner cost per page is very low. Imaging drums are separate, which saves you money and reduces unnecessary waste, and they are rated to last for up to 30,000 pages.
If you want a printer that can do everything, including printing up to A3 size, the MC853dn fits the bill. Your total cost of ownership is low thanks to its high-yield toner cartridges and long-lasting components, but you still get all the functionality you would expect of a top-of-the-line multifunction colour laser printer.
- Cost-effective A4/A3 colour LED printer with long-lasting components
- High-yield toner and separate imaging drums reduce running costs
- USB and Ethernet connectivity (with optional wireless LAN interface)
- Prints up to 23 A4 mono or colour pages per minute; 13 A3 pages per minute
- Up to 600 x 1200 dpi print resolution
- Standard 400-sheet paper capacity expandable to a total capacity of 2,005 sheets
- Prints on a wide variety of media sizes and weights, from A6 to 1.32m long banners and up to 256gsm
- Automatic duplex printing, scanning, copying, and faxing
- Super G3 sends and receives faxes at high speed, at up to 300dpi
- Includes 17.5cm LCD colour backlit touchscreen for standalone navigation and control
- Convenient built-in stapler included as standard
- Includes USB Host for direct printing from a flash drive
- Deep Sleep mode and Auto Power Off functions save power
- Recommended monthly duty cycle of 8,000 pages (60,000 pages max)
What’s in the box?
- OKI MC853 colour printer (45850406)
- 4 x starter-size toner cartridges (up to 2,500-page yield per cartridge)
- 4 x Image Drums
- CD/DVD (including Software/ Utilities/ Drivers and User Manuals); Setup Guide
- Power cord
- Ferrite Core
- Does not include a USB cable
Click here to download the full spec sheet
12-Month Return to Base Warranty (up to 36 months with online registration within 30 days of purchase)
We accept payment by Credit Card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, AfterPay and LayBuy. There is no credit card surcharge. Credit card payments are securely processed by Stripe using 256-bit SSL encryption to ensure your credit card details remain safe. No credit card information is stored on our site.
When to expect delivery:
Get your order fast! Place it before 2 pm Mon-Fri for same-day shipping from warehouses in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch (excluding public holidays). Typically deliveries to major New Zealand towns and cities take 1 to 2 days, while it may take a day or two longer for rural areas. You’ll be notified when your order has been dispatched and provided with a tracking number so you can monitor the progress of your order.